Emeril Lagasse Foundation’s signature outdoor food and music festival Boudin, Bourbon & Beer 2019 kicks-off on Friday, Nov. 8 at Champions Square and features an expanded lineup of over 70 local and national chefs. One of the South’s top food and music festivals, the ninth-annual Boudin, Bourbon & Beer will showcase award-winning chefs preparing their own creative styles of boudin sausage. Chef Emeril Lagasse, along with co-chairs Donald Link, Stephen Stryjewski and Aarón Sánchez will host this evening of food, music and philanthropy that puts Louisiana’s famous Cajun sausage in the spotlight.
What To Expect
- Cory Bahr, Parish Restaurant (Monroe, LA) – Whole Hog Boudin
- Frank Brigtsen & Emily Pfeifer, Brigtsen’s – Vegetarian Smoked Mushroom Boudin
- Eric Cook, Gris Gris – Smoked Boudin Blanc, Bacon Braised Brussels with Bourbon Blueberry Syrup
- Nina Compton, Compère Lapin/Bywater American Bistro – Jerk Pork Banh Mi
- Justin Devillier, La Petite Grocery/Justine – Fried Rice Boudin with Sesame Mayo, Peanut Furikake
- Jonathan & Justin Fox, Fox Bros. BBQ (Atlanta, GA) – Red Beans & Rice Boudin with Duck Tasso
- Michael Gulotta, MayPop/MoPho/Rum and the Lash – Boudin Chimichanga with Spicy Mustard
- Alex Harrell, The Elysian Bar – Merguez Meatballs with Smoked Sweet Potato Harissa & Apples
- Donald Link, Link Restaurant Group – Cajun Boudin with Cochon Mustard
- Tory McPhail & Chris Lynch, Commander’s Palace – Cochon de Lait Tostada
- Michael Nelson, GW Fins – Salmon Belly Yakitori, Umeboshi Glaze, Kimchi Slaw
- Kris Padalino, Brennan’s Restaurant – Banana Bourbon Bacon Moonpie
- Allison Richard, High Hat Café – Boudin Meatloaf
- Stephen Stryjewski, Link Restaurant Group – Fried Boudin Tamale with Jalapeño Glaze
- Leighann Smith, Piece of Meat Butcher – Boudin Eggrolls
- Isaac Toups, Toups’ Meatery/Toups South – Boudin White Bread Sammy
The full menu is available here.
In addition to samplings of over 70 creative boudin dishes, guests can enjoy a variety of cocktails from some of New Orleans’ top mixologists in the Buffalo Trace Bourbon Tent and taste specialty brews and cask selections in the Abita Beer Garden Tent. Open bars stocked with premium spirits, fine wines and more provided by Au Bon Climat, JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery, Landmark Vineyards, JNSQ and FIJI Water will also be available. Attendees will have access to an exclusive silent auction featuring custom dining experiences and restaurant packages curated by featured chefs, as well as a cigar-tasting hosted by Nat Sherman.
Boudin, Bourbon & Beer is as much a music event as it is a culinary event. While the chefs & bartenders will keep the food & drinks flowing, guests can enjoy a star-studded music lineup featuring Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, Grace Potter, Fruition and Motel Radio.